Seaberg Industries is a division within Crawford Company. Seaberg Industries exists to be the best turnkey manufacturer of fabricated and machined parts, components and assemblies. Seaberg is located in Davenport, IA.
- Needs to be able to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Fork truck experience is a plus.
- Experienced with hand tools (sanders, grinders, drills, etc.)
- Several years experience in the manufacturing environment.
- Manual machining experience is a plus.
- Some computer knowledge is a plus.
- Communication, teamwork, organization, problem solving, and punctuality is a must.
- We are looking for long-term candidate who are self-motivated, energetic, trainable, reliable and eager to learn.
The ideal candidate would meet the criteria below. General Laborer position (Deburr, Grid, Knockout, Adjust):
- Applicant should have experience in a production, manufacturing work environment, be skilled on a fork truck, be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively, and be trainable.
- Perform a variety of duties such as clean and lubricate equipment, keep manufacturing areas free of debris, set out or put away tools, load or unload items from machines. Also, locate and tag parts, record information such as gauges readings, products produced, and manufacturing times. Locate defective products or observe equipment malfunctions, report problems to highter-level employees, assist with fixes as necessary.
- May operate fabrication machines such as cutoff saws, shears, rolls, break presses, forming machines, punches that cut shape and bend metal plates.
- Operate fabrication shop and machine shop equipment.
- Perform some specialized tasks which may require on-the job training.
- Candidate should have good attendance, a good work ethic, a pleasant attitude, and have reliable transportation, maintain all safety standards. Candidate must also be hard working and able to stay on task with minimal supervision.
No supervisory responsibility
This job operates in a manufacturing work environment.
Ability to lift, up to, 50-pounds repetitively.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Manufacturing work environment, 8-hour shift with occasional overtime.
No travel is expected for this position.
Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Regular Mail: 2395 West Lake Blvd, Davenport, IA 52804