Press Brake Operator
Press Brake Operator
The press operator is responsible for handling press operations for the manufacturing division of the organization. The operator uses an electrically powered industrial machine to create, shape and customize metal materials.
- Operating, and set up of various manufacturing machinery including press brake.
- Read and interpret manufacturing blueprints, understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, do your own setups, be able to inspect your own parts, follow written and oral instructors, and work in a team environment.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, process instructions and job setup sheets.
- Layout and inspect parts using varying inspection equipment and techniques; including, but not limited to, calipers, height gauges, angle gauges, indicators, and functional gauges.
- Must have tools to do the job, including measurement tools and standard manufacturing tools.
- Able to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Operate Fork truck. Work with calipers, height gauges, angle gages.
The physical demands described must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. You must frequently lift and or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that will require some overtime. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sundays may be required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Press Brake experience is preferred but not necessary
- Several years’ experience in the manufacturing
- Some Computer knowledge
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fax: (563) 381-5031
Regular Mail: 2395 West Lake Blvd, Davenport, IA 52804