A machine operator is responsible for performing certain functions or producing goods with a particular piece of equipment. Aside from using a machine for its intended purpose, the duties of a machine operator may include cleaning and maintenance.
- Read and interpret blueprints, understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, do your own setups, be able to inspect your own parts, follow written and oral instructors, and work in a team environment.
- Work from blue-prints, drawings, process instructions and job setup sheets.
- CNC and manual machining (VMC, HMC, lathe).
- Read calipers, height gauges.
- Read manufacturing blueprints.
- Operating and setting up of various manufacturing machinery including Vertical and Horizontal CNCs
- Layout and inspect parts using varying inspection equipment and techniques.
- Including, but not limited to, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, indicators, and functional gauges.
- Able to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Operate a Fork truck.
The physical demands described must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. You must frequently lift and or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that will require some overtime. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sundays may be required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Machine setup experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Several years’ experience in the manufacturing environment.
- Some computer knowledge.
- Applicant must have machining experience in a production manufacturing environment or a machining certificate from a reputable trades school, possess knowledge of manufacturing principles, and techniques.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fax: (563) 381-5031
Regular Mail: 2395 West Lake Blvd, Davenport, IA 52804