Experienced in all phases of welding, working with a variety of materials, in a manufacturing setting. Skilled in operating wide array of shop and welding tools, schematic interpretation, and material properties of sheet metals. Able to read blueprints and prioritize work to meet deadline requirements.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and weld symbols.
- Perform setup and all position welding on a diversified line of standard weldments and structures in accordance with AWS or other welding requirements and procedures.
- Fit and position weldments having several parts, using weld fixtures and jigs where applicable, scribe, locate, and position parts where fixtures and jigs are not available.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, process instructions, and job layouts.
- Layout and inspect parts using varying inspection equipment and techniques including, but not limited to, tape measure, scale, calipers, height gauges, templates, squares, angle finder protractors, and weld- gauges.
- Must have the tools to do the job, including auto darkening weld hood, measurement tools, and standard welding tools.
- Be able to lift to lift 50 pounds repetitively.
- Operate Fork truck.
The physical demands described must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. You must frequently lift and or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that will require some overtime. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sundays may be required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Welding Certificate from a reputable welding school.
- Welding experience in a production/ manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in MIG and or TIG welding of various steel grades.
- Experience with stainless steel, aluminum, and other metals are a plus.
- Experience with robotic welders is a plus but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fax: (563) 381-5031
Regular Mail: 2395 West Lake Blvd, Davenport, IA 52804